Lehigh Acres Fire Dept -- The Good / Bad and the Ugly

The Lehigh Acres Fire District, a special taxing district, was created by a special act of the Florida Legislation in 1963. Its charter may be amended only by special act of the legislature. The governing authority of the District is a board composed of five members elected from residents of the District. During the past 4 decades we have been a part of the many advances in fire and life safety in our region.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Again News-press refuses to print full letter .......

The local firefighter's union would like you to believe I'm a bad person, not qualified to serve as your fire board commissioner.

They are desperate.

The history of the Lehigh Acres Fire and Rescue District is one where once three seats are filled by either union members or union-backed candidates, carte blanche spending becomes the norm, thus benefiting union members. They want to continue spending your tax dollars in this carefree manner.

Therefore they want you to believe that a youthful indiscretion on my part - I admit these transgressions, which happen over 12 years ago, and somehow they want you to believe that it taints me as a bad person.

I paid for this acts, determined to lead a productive life, actively involved in the community in which I live.

I have accomplished this through a variety of ways becoming active in many civic organizations plus founding the Lehigh Acres Watchdog - always checking on the government entities and officials YOU have entrusted to spend your tax dollars.

I want to continue this activity as your fireboard commissioner, continuing my watchdog efforts.

The union refuses to discuss the many issues I have brought up during the campaign. Instead they want to scare you into thinking I'm a bad guy.

Don't let them.

Vote for me Nov. 7 so I can continue my watchdog ways holding the fire district accountable for spending YOUR tax dollars.

Robert J Anderson